La Maison Tricotée
- CASA - (100% Peruvian wool; 200 m per 100 g)
- Yarn A: Emily Dickinson – 90 gr
- Yarn B: Lady Di – 50 gr
- Yarn C: Benoîte Groult – 30 gr
- 5mm needles
- 1 wool needle
With 5 mm needles and double CASA thread – 15 stitches for 10 cm (washed and blocked)
Check the sample and adapt the needle number if necessary
- knit stitch
- purl stitch
- Simple overlock: Slip the first stitch, knit the next stitch and fold the slipped stitch over the knitted stitch.
- Intercalary increase: With the left needle, lift the intercalary thread between the 2 needles by taking it from front to back. Knit this new stitch in the back loop (torso).
- 2 EnsV
- 2 stitches purl together.
- 2 Sets
- 2 knit stitches together.
The slipper is started with its sole:
Cast on 60 stitches with yarn A double and 5 mm needles.
Knit 2 rows garter st, then increase as follows:
Row 1: 1 st, Aug, 28 st, Aug, 2 st, Aug, 28 st, Aug, 1 st - 64 sts.
Row 2 and all even rows: Rise.
Row 3: 2 sts, Aug, 28 sts, Aug, 4 sts, Aug, 28 sts, Aug, 2 sts - 68 sts.
Row 5: 3 sts, Aug, 28 sts, Aug, 6 sts, Aug, 28 sts, Aug, 3 sts - 72 sts.
Row 6: Knit the row by making a decrease on the row - 71 sts.
Cut an A thread and join a B thread.
With threads A + B, knit false English rib for 6 rows as follows:
Row of false English ribs: 3 sts, *2 sts, 2 sts*, repeat from * to * until end of row. Repeat this row 6 times then cut yarn B and join yarn C and continue with A + C on 4 rows of false English ribs. Do not cut the wires.
Top of the foot
Place on needles 29 stitches on each side. Join yarn B + C and you will knit on the central 13 stitches as follows:
Row 1 (right side of work): Slip a stitch, 11 meds, 1 SS, turn.
Row 2: Slip a stitch, 11 meV, K2, turn.
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until you have 16 stitches on each side of the central 13 stitches - 45 stitches in total.
Cut the threads. Put all the stitches back on the same needle starting with the right side facing you.
With wires A + C already in place, continue as follows:
Decrease row: * 1 st, 2 Tog * repeat from * to * 6 times in total, * 1 st, 1 st * 5 times, 2 Tog, * 2 Tog, 1 st * repeat from * to * 5 times in total .
Knit in 1/1 rib for 5 rows starting with a purl stitch.
Cut the threads and join two threads B, with B + B, continue in 1/1 rib for 4 rows. Cut the threads. Join two threads C and bind off the stitches with C + C following the 1/1 rib stitch.
Knit a second similar slipper.
- Sew a thin seam to close the sole.
- Sew a thin seam to close the back of the slipper.
- Tuck in all the wires.
- It is very important to wash and dry the slipper because the wool will then expand a little.