Have you ever knitted? How long has it been? This introductory online course will allow you to learn the basics of knitting.
Cast on your stitches, knit the knit stitch and the purl stitch and bind off your stitches, while having a little insight into the fascinating world of natural fibres.
Each lesson will introduce you to a new stitch through the realization of 20 squares of 20 cm x 20 cm. This course is intended for beginners, but as the lessons progress, we will cover more complex techniques such as cables, lace or jacquard.
🧶 You will make a total of 20 squares that will be assembled into a blanket.
🎓 You will attend twenty (20) live classes (videos available offline at any time). You can also ask your questions during the live.
🤝 You will benefit from an online community of students who will motivate you step by step.
What are the steps?
- Secure your spot by adding the class today. Add the course to your cart and complete the purchase for $0.
- Make sure you have the materials. (See more info below.)
- 72 hours before the start of the 1st lesson, you will receive all the accompanying documentation as well as access to the private Facebook group or the private Slack channel (your choice) where the lesson will take place.
- That's all ! No installation software will be required.
When does it start?
The will be offered live every Tuesday at 11:11 a.m. starting Tuesday, May 25 at 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 25 at 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday , June 1 at 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 8 at 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday , June 15 at 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday , June 22 at 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday , June 29 at 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday , July 6 at 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday , July 13 at 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday , July 20 at 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday , July 27 at 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday , 3 august to 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday , 10 august to 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday , 17 august has 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday, 24 august to 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday , 31 august to 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday , September 6 at 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday, 13 September to 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday, 20 September to 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday , 27 september has 11:11 a.m.
- Tuesday , October 4 at 11:11 a.m.
What you will need!
Needles & accessories
- One (1) pair of 4 mm (US 6) circular needles , circumference 60 cm (24 in) or 80 cm (32 in)
- 5 marker rings
- One (1) yarn needle
- A row counter (optional)
- A cable needle
You can also find the accessories all together in our starter kit : Link (except 4 mm needles).
You will need 600 g of medium weight wool (aran/worsted type) divided into 3 different colors. Choose light colors and a contrasting color.
Discover our kits specially designed to highlight the points of the blanket: Set for the cover
Who will be the teacher?
This course will be taught by Clara Quintela
After working as a journalist for nearly two decades, textile artist Clara Quintela decided to put writing aside and put "thread in her ideas". The idealist who chose journalism hoping to change the world still lives in her.
Now that she has put aside her pencil, her needles are her tools, embroidery allowing her to let color bring the images that make up her works to life.
She is also proficient in knitting, crocheting, spinning and weaving and also uses these techniques to express her thoughts.